More locations outside schools are to benefit from having new 20mph zone traffic signs across Rotherham. This is part of the additional funding Labour councillors are making into road safety measures across the borough.
A number of locations across Rotherham will soon see the installation of 20mph zone traffic signs on different sites near local schools. These sites include the following areas:
- Swinton Fitzwilliam Primary School – Broadway & Rookery Road.
- Clifton Community School – Middle Lane.
- East Dene Primary School – Doncaster Road, East Dene.
- Wath Victoria Primary School – Doncaster Road, Wath.
- Rawmarsh Thorogate Primary School – Thorogate.
- St. Josephs Catholic Primary School – Green Lane.
- Wingfield Academy – Wingfield Road.
- St. Gerards Catholic Primary School – Doncaster Road, Thrybergh.
- Monkwood Primary Academy – Monkwood Road.
Cllr Emma Hoddinott, Labour’s Cabinet Member for Waste, Roads and Community Safety at Rotherham Council, has said:
“Labour locally continue to invest in road safety while funding from national government has dwindled. These are the latest schools and communities to benefit from our ongoing programme of 20mph zones for schools.”
Despite the pressures of ten years of Tory austerity from central Government, Labour councillors in Rotherham have been placing additional funding into local road safety measures. This has included the delivery of new pedestrian crossings – such as Fenton Road, Wingfield (above) and Bawtry Road in Brinsworth – and the programme of 20mph zones outside schools.
The work on installing the 20mph signs at these further locations is expected to take place as soon as possible.